TITLE: Annual Fund Associate
PROFILE SOURCE: Administrative Professional
DEPARTMENT: Resource Development and Marketing
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Resource Development and Marketing
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt Salaried
The Annual Fund Associate will report to the Vice President of Resource Development and Marketing with the responsibility of seeking new and renewed support for the organization’s $1M Annual Fund. This position will be responsible for the growth of Boys & Girls Clubs Annual Fund through the cultivation and solicitation of new prospects and existing donors.
The Annual Fund is critical to the success of Boys & Girls Clubs and its ability to provide quality programming focused on Academic Success, Healthy Lifestyles and Character Development for 5,000 children and teen Members in the Wake County Community. As Boys & Girls Clubs seeks to grow serving more kids, more often, the Annual Fund will provide the key resources to do so.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Work with Vice President of Resource Development & Marketing to execute the Annual Fund plan, ensuring dollar goals are met and donors/volunteers are acknowledged.
- Act as Staff Partner to Annual Fund Campaign leadership volunteers providing all support necessary.
- Work with Vice President of Resource Development & Marketing to create volunteer training tools to increase Campaign success including web based and face to face training resources.
- Contribute to resource development strategic planning by identifying future opportunities for funding, organizational engagement and the recruitment of fundraising volunteers.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit new sources of funding.
- Work with resource development colleagues to coordinate and manage organizational prospects.
- Responsible for the recruitment of Annual Fund fundraising teams.
- Making Calls/Emails monthly to secure meetings.
- Conduct face to face visits with organizations and individuals including:
- Previous donors and prospective donors with the purpose of:
- Providing information on BGC activities;
- Solicitation of a gift;
- Request participation as a fundraising Team Captain.
- Solicitations individuals and organizations in support of the Annual Fund.
- Execute Campaign special events including Kickoff, Finale and Recognition Event.
- Provide direction on and oversight of technological support of Annual Fund efforts.
- Assist with and support all activities led by Resource Development team on an as needed basis including: Breakfast of Champions, Appetite for Art and the expansion of the Young Advocates.
- Identify and recruit community leaders, businesses and organizations to increase the awareness and funding opportunities for the Annual Fund.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Work with Vice President of Resource Development & Marketing to develop messaging and materials for the Annual Fund Campaigns.
- Develop an Annual Campaign timeline that includes donor and prospect cultivation touch points (e.g. mailings, events, tours).
- Increase overall visibility of Club development activities and maintain good public relations.
Internal: Maintain oral and written contact with the Vice President of Resource Development & Marketing and other Club executives to update progression of work, inform staff peers of vital updates and work with fundraising volunteers to provide direction and technical advice. Work with Volunteer Engagement Manger to identify volunteers interested in fundraising.
External: Maintain oral, written and personal contact with external organizations and community groups, business leaders and individuals.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required.
- Paid or volunteer work experience in a sales role or for a service organization (preferably on fundraising activities).
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with good public presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with all types of people.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Club staff, Board members, volunteers, community groups, and other related agencies.
- High energy and passion for the mission of Boys & Girls Clubs; empathy for the youth served.
- Flexible and adaptable work style with ability to manage competing demands, work independently without close oversight, able to lead or follow, creative outgoing and energetic.
- Team player able to effectively integrate into and excel working within the Resource Development team and the overall greater Boys & Girls Clubs team.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIROMENT:
The Annual Fund Associate will be working in an area with colleagues close by and with many activities going on simultaneously. He or she must be able to function with other employees in the area.
The Annual Fund Associate will be expected to work closely with Administrative and Club staff, Club volunteers and will require his or her presence in noisy clubhouses full of children and adults.
Likewise, the Annual Fund Associate will be, as part of his or her orientation, expected to spend time in the Clubhouses to observe programs and activities that regularly occur.
Send your resume to Daniel Pietrzak at firstname.lastname@example.org