Full-Time Club Director – Washington Elementary Boys & Girls Club
TITLE: Club Director
PERFORMANCE Management Professional
CLUB: Washington Elementary Boys & Girls Club
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Operations
Plan and manage overall Club program on school based site; recruit, select and supervision of staff and volunteers; understand and implement organizational policies, procedures and goals; staff development and training; guidance and problem solving; market and publicize Club program to the community and neighborhood; work closely and collaborate with school, school administration, local community agencies; facility management.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Prepare Youth for Success
- Plan and oversee the administration of programs and activities that support Youth Development Outcomes and Optimum Club Experience standards:
- Establish program objectives consistent with organizational goals and mission. Objectives use National Youth Outcomes survey results in their development.
- Provide a quality after school and summer tutorial program that has measurable results.
- Ensure that members are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/activities and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills in all program areas.
- Demonstrate leadership to assure conduct, safety and development of members.
Program Development and Implementation
- Ensure Club is meeting organization’s membership and attendance
goals; proper record keeping and program results for grant funded
- Responsible for annual evaluation using program standards.
- Establish and maintain program goals and settings that insure the health and safety of members. Ensure that Club staff and volunteers understand and effectively communicate standards of program; that they ensure program areas are safe, supervised, well ventilated and well lit; and that Club equipment is maintained in good working condition.
- Ensure the evaluation of programs on a continual basis and ensure programs/activities respond to member needs and address their gender and cultural diversity with a special concern for academic achievement.
- Control program and activity expenditures within approved budget.
- Allocate and monitor work assigned to program volunteers and staff, providing ongoing feedback and regular appraisal. Identify and support training and development opportunities for assigned volunteers and staff.
- Oversee proper record keeping and reporting including activities and events conducted, breakdowns of daily participation figures, notable achievements and any problems/issues.
- Ensure productive and effective performance by all program staff and volunteers; control program salaries within approved budget.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Increase visibility of all programs, especially educational enhancement programs, via posting of daily schedule, announcements of upcoming events and the dissemination of timely information for the development of advertising and promotion through mailings, fliers, website and media releases.
- Work closely with school, school administration, community agencies and volunteer groups to make Club visible and needed resource in community.
- May oversee special programs and/or events, and/or participate in the implementation of other Club and organizational activities as necessary.
- Will be required to drive Activity Bus periodically.
- Will consult with parents concerning member and Club issues.
- Will handle record keeping and appropriate summary reports for grants supporting Club programs.
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with Club Staff, Club members, school personnel and volunteers to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain or interpret guidelines/instructions and advise/counsel.
External: Maintain contact as needed with external community groups, schools, school staff, members’ parents, and others to assist in resolving problems.
- Four year degree in related field from an accredited college or university.
- Work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization in a leadership role planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Group leadership skills, including an understanding of group dynamics.
- Demonstrated organizational, staff and project management abilities. Evidence of collaboration with outside entities.
- Mandatory CPR, CDL and First Aid Certifications within 90 days. Clean driving record is required.
Send Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.