Full Time – Education Director
TITLE: Education Director
PERFORMANCE Youth Development
CLUB: Raleigh Boys Club
REPORTS TO: Club Director
Salaried Full-Time Non-Exempt
Responsible for carrying out the delivery of a broad range of programs within the five Core Program Areas, specifically in Education and Career Development, as stated in the Formula for Impact Assessment. Plan, develop, conduct and supervise programs, program staff and volunteers.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Prepare Youth for Success
- Plan and administer Education and Career Development programs and activities that support Youth Development Outcomes:
- Establish program objectives consistent with organizational goals and mission.
- Oversee the provision of day-to-day program activities in accordance with established standards and goals.
- Ensure that members are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/activities and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills in program area.
- Demonstrate leadership to assure conduct, safety and development of members.
- Formulate partnerships with local schools and other community based organizations to help achieve program goals.
Program Development and Implementation
- Program plans are developed and reviewed regularly with supervisor.
- Ensure the evaluation of programs on a continual basis and ensure programs/activities respond to member needs and address their gender and cultural diversity.
- Establish and maintain education program goals and settings that insure the health and safety of members. Ensure that Club staff and volunteers understand and effectively communicate standards of program; that they ensure program areas are safe, well ventilated and well lit; and that Club equipment is maintained in good working condition.
- Academic success of Club members is measured and education initiatives, programs and activities are integrated into all core program areas.
- Control program and activity expenditures within approved budget.
- Ensure productive and effective performance by all program staff and volunteers.
- Allocate and monitor work assigned to program volunteers and staff, providing ongoing feedback and regular appraisal. Identify and support training and development opportunities for assigned volunteers and staff.
- Oversee proper record keeping and reporting including activities and events conducted, breakdowns of daily participation figures, notable achievements and any problems/issues.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Increase visibility of programs via posting of schedule, announcements of upcoming events and the dissemination of timely information for the development of advertising and promotion through mailings, fliers, website, email and media releases.
- Club’s website link is updated regularly and becomes commonplace for members, parents, volunteers and community to use for information on Club programs and services.
- May oversee special programs and/or events, and/or participate in the implementation of other Club and organizational activities as necessary.
- May be required to drive Activity Bus periodically.
- May consult with parents concerning member and Club issues.
- May handle record keeping and appropriate summary reports for grants supporting education programs.
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with Club staff and volunteers, Club members, and Club Director to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain or interpret guidelines/instructions; instruct, and advise/counsel.
External: Maintain contact as needed with external community groups, schools, members’ parents, and others to assist in resolving problems.
- Four year degree in related field from an accredited college or university.
- Work experience with a minimum of (2) years in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Group leadership skills, including an understanding of group dynamics.
- Demonstrated organizational, staff and project management abilities.
- Mandatory CPR, CDL and First Aid Certifications.
Send Resume to Durell Petway at firstname.lastname@example.org