Full Time Position – Club Director
TITLE: Club Director – Zebulon Boys & Girls Club
PROFILE SOURCE: Management Professional
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Operations
The Club Director position is responsible for all Club operations with a primary focus on establishing, overseeing, planning, development, implementation, evaluation, data management, and direct supervision/delivery of a broad range of programs for youth between the ages of 6 and 18. Must be able to oversee and evaluate staff; conduct, lead and support staff in the implementation quality programs which includes the priority outcome areas for Academic Success, Healthy Lifestyles, and Character and Leadership/Citizenship. These Programs are categorized in the core program areas of Character & Leadership Development, Education & Career Development, Health & Life Skills, The Arts, and Sports, Fitness & Recreation. It is the responsibility of this position to ensure that organizational goals, policies, and procedures are understood and followed. The Club Director is responsible for the ongoing operations; fiscal management; and facility management of their Club with primary concern for program and service delivery; human resources as it relates to Club personnel; and community relations.
- Establishes and maintains objectives consistent with organizational goals and mission/core values and ensures the health and safety of members.
- Oversee the provision of staff that organize and operate day-to-day program activities in accordance with established standards and goals.
- Ensures the members are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/activities and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills in program area(s).
- Demonstrates leadership to ensure proper conduct, safety, and development of members.
- Must be able to effectively evaluate programs and make program recommendations or changes based on the success of the programs. Tracking of successful outcomes and reporting is also required.
- The Club Director must be able to provide leadership and supervision to program and volunteer staff; manage grant reporting and outcomes; control overall Club budget(s) & expenses, monitor/manage staff hours, and oversee facility, equipment, and vehicle management. This position has an emphasized priority in the area of Club Operations as it relates to the qualifications and requirements as listed below.
- Support local Unit Board in carrying out mission, goals, events and updates on Club initiatives
- Update and maintain skills in use of current technology systems and software that are used by the organization.
- Ability to manage Member Tracking for monthly reporting and other platforms for grant outcomes.
- Ensure the evaluation of Club programs on a continual basis and ensures programs/activities align with member needs and addresses their gender and cultural diversity.
- Ability to lead the Club to meet annual goals. Plans are in place to achieve these outcomes and progress is reported to VP of Operations.
Program Outcome & Evaluation
- Lead and implement planning, development, and evaluation of Club programs, services, and activities to ensure they meet the stated priority outcomes and member needs. Make sure program areas have a safe and positive environment that supports the three priority outcome areas throughout the Club.
- Plans and oversees the administration of Club-wide programs and activities that support Boys & Girls Club mission.
- Oversee the provision of day-to-day program activities in accordance with established standards, goals, program calendars, schedules and program plans.
- Ensures that members are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/activities and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills. All Club programs are developed with fun in mind.
- Oversees discipline and guidance procedures implemented by staff and work to ensure consistency in the rules and expectations throughout the Club. Rules are clearly visible to youth in all program areas and throughout the Club.
- Demonstrates leadership to ensure proper conduct, safety, and development of other staff.
- Convey caring and proper guidance in ongoing interactions with members, parents, volunteers, and staff that demonstrates responsiveness and connectedness by creating a positive environment.
- Ensure quality improvements by monitoring, data collecting, and evaluation of data as it relates to program achievement.
- Recommend and implement modifications that respond to member needs and interests.
- Establish high expectations for members in academic success, high school graduation, post-secondary education and career plans. Communicate these expectations through all programs and relationships.
- Work closely with staff to ensure membership tracking is current for members.
- Ensure planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of Clubs overall programs, services and activities to ensure they meet stated objectives and member needs and interests. Compile regular reports reflecting all activities, attendance and participation.
- Recruit, train, and supervise the performance of assigned program volunteers and staff.
- Allocate and monitor work assigned to program staff and volunteers, providing ongoing feedback and appraisal. Identify and support training and development opportunities for assigned staff and volunteers; communicate observations regularly to VP of Operations.
- Oversee proper record keeping, data collection, and reporting including activities and events conducted; breakdowns of daily participation figures, notable achievements.
- Ensure that all areas on Club property are properly supervised and secured at all times.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Increase visibility of Club programs and activities via posting of daily schedule, announcements of upcoming events and the dissemination of timely information for the community to advertise and promote through mailings, flyers and media releases, etc.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with parents, schools, businesses, community leaders and other organizations.
Health and Safety
- Ensure a healthy and safe environment on all Club property, during transportation, and during offsite activities.
- Ensure that facilities, equipment, and supplies are maintained in every area of the Club.
- Regularly communicate and document any health or safety concerns to VP of Operations on a daily basis and/or as they occur. (The priority is to prevent unsafe and unhealthy environments at all times).
- Ability to plan and execute on strategy
- Ability to incorporate findings from data to make programmatic and operational improvements
- Ability to handle multiple demands from various entities
- Ability to think and plan strategically
- Ability to influence
- Solutions oriented
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
Internal: Establish and maintain constant contact with Club staff, including full time, part time, program and volunteers, to discuss issues, challenges, and opportunities; provide and receive information as warranted. Maintain weekly contact with VP of Operations.
External: Maintain contact with other youth-serving agencies, parents of members, schools, community groups, volunteer groups and Unit Board of Directors.
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles related to development of youth between 6 and 18 years of age, group leadership skills, and an understanding of group dynamics. Knowledge of the mission, objectives, programs, and procedures of the Boys & Girls Clubs; Ability to direct, guide, evaluate, and train adult team members and volunteers.
- Four year college degree from an accredited college.
- Minimum of two (2) years work experience in a Boys & Girls Club planning and supervision of activities based on the developmental needs of youth. Must have considerable knowledge of program outcomes, youth development strategies, policies & procedures, and community involvement.
- Demonstrated experience in implementation of youth programs, program evaluation, & data collection. Must have strong writing and public speaking skills, strong interpersonal skills working with groups and individuals. Strong organizational and time management skills, as well as information management skills in MS Office Programs and other Window’s/Web-based programs.
- Knowledge of the mission, objectives, polices, programs, procedures and principles and practices of non-profit organizations and youth development services preferably Boys & Girls Clubs
- Knowledge of program planning, development, implementation
- Understand Principals of Youth Development
- Will be responsible for overseeing special programs and/or events (i.e. Youth of the Year; Holiday Board Meeting; Breakfast of Champions; Crew), and/or participate in the implementation of other Club/Special Event activities as necessary.
- Provide direct supervision to staff and volunteers and serve as a liaison between administrative team and program staff/volunteers. Serving as a leader in the Club is a major responsibility to this position.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints/ability to consult with staff, volunteers, and parents concerning member and Club issues.
- Is required to drive Club bus and must obtain CDL (Commercial Drivers’ License)
- Valid State Drivers’ License required, and meets eligibility requirements of insurance company for operating Club vehicles.
- Communication Skills: Informing, Listening, Presenting, Writing
- Decision-Making Skills: Analyzing, Judgment, Problem Solving, Systemic Thinking
- Developing Organizational Talent: Delegating, Providing Feedback, Coaching/Training
- Leadership Skills: Empowering, Influencing, Leading by Example, Managing Change, Team Building
- Personal Initiative Skills: Organizational Awareness, Striving for Excellence, Professional Development, Proactive, Contributing to a Positive Club Environment
- Planning Skills: Action Planning and Organizing, Monitoring, Project Management, Recruiting, Time Management
- Relationship Skills: Teamwork, Relationship Building, Meeting Skills, Conflict Management, Networking
- Safety, Health and Environment Skills: Supporting a Safe Environment, Fostering Organizational Wellness, Meet Requirements of Identifying Safety Risks
- Be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities
- Regularly speak clearly and hear the spoken word
- Superior interpersonal abilities and be able to interact effectively with co-workers of all levels and with representatives of other organizations and institutions.
- Ability to perform weekly inspections with organization vehicles (general maintenance)
- Ability to use and operate Club Vehicles
- Ability to get along with diverse personalities
- Physical requirements include: sight, hearing, sitting, standing, stooping and lifting a minimum of 25 pounds.
- Maintain high energy level, professional appearance and presence.
Resumes will be accepted electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org