Part-Time – Social Recreation Director – Zebulon
ZEBULON BOYS & GIRLS CLUB
1320 SHEPARD SCHOOL ROAD
Position: Social Recreation
Pay: $7.50-$9.00 per hour
Hours: School Year M-F 3:30 pm-6:30 pm Summer 5 to 6 hours a day Mon.-Fri.
General Function: The Social Recreation Director plans and carries out programs in the Clubs social recreation area. The ideal candidate will have the necessary skills to establish creative activates and have ample enthusiasm to work with members ages 6-18. Programs that are developed should be for all Club members and should engage members in meaningful and fun activities. The social recreation director will provide members with guidance while conducting programs in the Club. Finally the social recreation director must be able to communicate effectively with staff, parents and volunteers.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience or course of study in elementary, secondary education, child development or child psychology. Youth work or camp experience in a leadership role preferred.
- Enthusiastic and creative programmer with the ability to work directly with members.
- Ability to communicate orally and in written form with members, parents and volunteers.
- Ability to create market and implement programs for youth.
- Ability to work with large groups of youth.
- Application of discipline consistent with and appropriate to the goals of the Boys & Girls Club.
- Ability to work with members to create a sense of belonging, usefulness, competence and power and influence.
Core Program & Activity Areas:
This staff member is in charge of the social recreation component of the Club.
Contact Nathan Searcy at (919) 404-1087 or firstname.lastname@example.org