Youth Development Position
TITLE: Youth Development Professional
PERFORMANCE Youth Development
CLUB: Washington Elementary Boys & Girls Club
REPORTS TO: Club Director
Salaried Non-Exempt Full-Time
Responsible for overseeing the delivery of a broad range of programs within the five core program areas that promotes the mission of the organization and supports the organization’s Youth Development Outcomes and Program Standards. Plan, develop, oversee implementation and supervise programs, program staff and volunteers.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Prepare Youth for Success
- Plan and lead programs and activities that support Youth Development Outcomes, Optimum Club Experience standards and have measurable results:
- Establish program objectives consistent with organizational goals and mission.
- Oversee the provision of day-to-day program activities in accordance with established standards and goals.
- Ensure that members are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/activities and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills in program area.
- Demonstrate leadership to assure conduct, safety and development of members.
Program Development and Implementation
- Establish and maintain program goals and settings that insure the health and safety of members. Ensure that Club staff and volunteers understand and effectively communicate standards of program; that they ensure program areas are safe, well ventilated and well lit; and that club equipment is maintained in good working condition.
- Ensure the evaluation of programs on a continual basis and ensure programs/activities respond to member needs and address their gender and cultural diversity.
- Control program and activity expenditures within approved budget.
- Allocate and monitor work assigned to program volunteers and staff, providing ongoing feedback and regular appraisal. Identify and support training and development opportunities for assigned volunteers and staff.
- Oversee proper record keeping and reporting including activities and events conducted, breakdowns of daily participation figures, notable achievements and any problems/issues.
- Ensure productive and effective performance by all program staff and volunteers.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Increase visibility of programs via posting of daily schedule, announcements of upcoming events and the dissemination of timely information for the development of advertising and promotion through mailings, fliers, media releases and website.
- May oversee special programs and/or events, and/or participate in the implementation of other Club and organizational activities as necessary.
- May be required to drive Activity Bus periodically.
- May consult with parents concerning member and Club issues.
- May handle record keeping and appropriate summary reports for grants supporting Club programs.
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with Club staff, Club members, and Club Director to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain or interpret guidelines/instructions; instruct, and advise/counsel.
External: Maintain contact as needed with external community groups, schools, members’ parents and others to assist in resolving problems.
- Four year degree in related field from an accredited college or university.
- Work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Group leadership skills, including an understanding of group dynamics.
- Demonstrated organizational, staff and project management abilities.
- Mandatory CPR, CDL and First Aid Certifications within first 90 days of employment.
CLOSING DATE IS SEPT. 15, 2017
Please send your resume to email@example.com