TITLE: High School Programs Director
PERFORMANCE Youth Development
CLUB: Boys & Girls Clubs – Raleigh, NC, Ralph E. Capps Teen Center
REPORTS TO: Club Director
Salaried Full-Time Non-Exempt
Responsible for the development and delivery of a broad range of programs that meet the needs; builds skills; and prepares teens for life after high school. Focus placed on programming that promotes Academic Success; Good Character & Citizenship; Healthy Lifestyles; and Workforce Development. Work closely with local schools; partners; and other Clubs to attract teens to programming and special events.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Prepare Youth for Success
- Plan, develop and carry out programs and initiatives the meet the developmental needs; standards and organizational goals:
- Establish program objectives consistent with organizational goals; participation standards; and mission.
- Establish schedule and conduct day-to-day program activities in accordance with established standards and goals.
- Ensure that members are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/activities and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills in program area.
- Plan and conduct diverse programs that will attract both male and female teens ages 14-18. Include teen voice in development of programs and use of resources on bgca.net.
- Establish and maintain a close relationship with local high schools; universities; community colleges; businesses; local Clubs and other partners to promote programs and the Teen Center.
- Demonstrate leadership to assure conduct, safety and development of members and volunteers.
- Recruit and manage program volunteers to support programming and program goals.
- Develop and maintain individual written plans for teens focusing on high school graduation, as well as communicate with Director to ensure members receive quality educational support services.
Program Development and Implementation
- Establish and maintain program goals and settings that insure the health and safety of members, staff and volunteers. Ensure that Club staff and volunteers understand and effectively communicate standards of program; that they ensure program areas are safe, well ventilated and well lit; and that Club equipment is maintained in good working condition.
- Ensure the evaluation of programs on a continual basis and ensure programs/activities respond to member needs and address their gender and cultural diversity.
- Control program and activity expenditures within approved budget.
- Ensure that grant related programs are implemented in a timely manner and required reports are delivered on time.
- Keep Club Director up to date on all new and reoccurring programs that are being implemented.
- Design and facilitate job readiness and career exploration programming/curriculum in a small group settings based on career interests of Teen Center members.
- Network with local businesses that would be interested in working with eligible Teen Center members.
- Host and schedule college/career fairs and college tours for Teen Center members.
- Allocate and monitor work assigned to program volunteers and assigned staff, providing ongoing feedback and regular appraisal. Identify and support training and development opportunities for assigned volunteers and staff.
- Oversee proper record keeping and reporting including activities and events conducted, breakdowns of daily participation figures, notable achievements and any problems/issues.
- Ensure productive and effective performance by all assigned program staff and volunteers.
Marketing and Public Relations
Increase visibility of programs via posting of daily schedule, announcements of upcoming events and the dissemination of timely information for the development of advertising and promotion through social media and Club flyers.
- Will oversee special programs and/or events, and/or participate in the implementation of other Club and organizational activities as necessary.
- Will be required to drive Activity Bus periodically.
- Will consult with parents concerning member and Club issues.
- Will handle record keeping and appropriate summary reports for grants supporting Club programs.
- Facilitate Teen Night activities
- Partner with other agencies in the community to help support the Teen Center.
- Implementation of behavior management and discipline consistent with and appropriate to the goals of the Boys & Girls Club.
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with Club Staff, Club members, and Club Director to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain or interpret guidelines/instructions; instruct, and advise/counsel.
External: Maintain contact as needed with external community groups, schools, members’ parents and others to assist in resolving problems.
- Four year degree in related field from an accredited college or university.
- Work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of high school youth.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Group leadership skills, including an understanding of group dynamics.
- Demonstrated organizational, staff and project management abilities.
- Mandatory CPR, CDL and First Aid Certifications within first 90 days of employment.
Send Resume to: email@example.com
Position Closes: August 15, 2020