Title: Information Technology Associate (IT Associate)
Supervisor: President & CEO
The IT Associate is a hands-on position that reports directly to the President & CEO of the organization. This position supports and maintains all aspects of the Boys & Girls Clubs information technology infrastructure, including supporting approximately 30 full-time staff and computer labs in 7 locations, including local servers, network and other systems and applications, desktop, wireless and remote desktop support and network administration.
Ensure that systems and configurations for servers, workstations, laptops, and printers are documented, maintained and in working order.
- Establish access to common files; routinely identify and correct deficiencies in the network performance.
Oversee or provide, as necessary, quick response technical support for problem resolution to end users
- Resolve hardware, software, and application issues providing work-around solutions, as needed, to obtain temporary and permanent fixes.
Serve as Systems Administrator for Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint, and MemberTrack
- Responsible for promoting and supporting the continuing application of these and related technologies to enable communication and collaboration across the organization.
Document and manage the copiers, associated leases and maintenance agreements for the organization.
Document and manage the telephone system and associated telephony configuration.
Provide website technical support (Not editing content).
Analyze current IT vendors, cost structure, and services received; identify required services and provide recommendations.
Participate in and engage professional organizations to identify IT “best practices”.
- Remain up-to-date in new and emerging technologies that may be relevant to Club operations; determine benefits to be derived by upgrading existing technologies or incorporating new technologies.
Perform needs assessments to identify required hardware and software technology; research strategic business needs of users and the organization; oversee, as necessary, the design of the network configuration.
- Identify redundancies and recommend cost-savings opportunities.
Periodically assess and determine solutions for changes in requirements and capacity for the network and workstations as well as access to external databases and the internet.
- Develop short- and long-term IT plans and related budgets; track expenditures against approved budgets.
Manage the relationship with outside network and computer security personnel.
- Manage the relationship with internet security (IS) professionals (contract workers, consultants and vendors) to safeguard the company’s network, data, and assets that may include intellectual property and computer systems.
Ensure the management of the development and implementation of security policies and network security measures by working effectively with our Consultants.
- Ensure the creation, adoption, and implementation of the standards, procedures and guidelines that will make up the organization’s security policy and network security measures.
- Ensure the ongoing maintenance of network security measures by effectively interfacing with our Security consultants.
- Ensure that network equipment is properly secured.
- Ensure that employees are aware of the network security policies and security measures that are in place. If staff members are properly informed of security related procedures and policies, they should be better able to identify security issues and therefore act as agents to spot trouble.
Manage incidence responses by working effectively with our Consultants and ensuring they have taken the proper precautions on our behalf.
- Plan for and manage security breaches and threats such as hacking attempts. Prioritizing the assignment of resources to deal with security incidences, including alerting law enforcement authorities and calling in consultants and support staff to combat a threat.
Monitor the network.
- Ensure our consultants are using network security software and monitoring equipment to find breaches, vulnerabilities, suspicious activity and intrusion attempts and keeping us informed.
Maintain and develop, as needed, plans and procedures for system back-up and restoration of servers.
- Schedule tests periodically to ensure workability. If system back-up and restoration of servers are being performed by a contract worker, consultant or vendor, coordinate with such third party to schedule periodic tests of such procedures and review results of such tests.
Oversee special IT projects, as required.
Send Resume to Ralph Capps, firstname.lastname@example.org
Educational Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent recommended. 3+ years overall IT experience in a mid-sized organization (ideally not ‘For Profit’) including hands-on support, is preferred.
- IT management experience (eg. Environment and Staff)
- Experience with following systems would be a plus: Windows 2008 Server, Windows 2016 Server, Exchange 2010, Terminal Server 2016, Active Directory, VMWare, Office 365 and Sharepoint.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to touch, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift IT type equipment (eg. PCs, modems, small pc style servers, etc.) and should request assistance when needed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment can be moderate to high based on how many members are present in the building.