TITLE: Marketing Associate
PROFILE SOURCE: Administrative Professional
DEPARTMENT: Resource Development and Marketing
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Resource Development and Marketing
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt Salaried
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Under the general supervision of the Vice President of Resource Development and Marketing, the Marketing Associate will identify and creates opportunities to build public awareness of Club Services, Programs and activities. Adapts or creates Club stories, messages and vehicles for promoting upcoming event or programs to the publics and members, including newsletters, social media and other digital marketing means. Works Closely with program and management staff to determine potential audiences and best approaches including digital marketing.
- Work with Vice President of Development to develop and implement marketing and public relationship strategies utilizing Boy & Girls Clubs of America’s marketing calendar while incorporating local stories, event and culture to increase awareness of work in the Wake County Community.
- Contribute to operational strategic planning, identifying opportunities to promote Club service, programs, activities and effectiveness to specific constitutes or the public at large.
- Identify and evaluate opportunities to improve marketing and public relations actives including awareness building of Clubs’ effectiveness with helping youth achieve outcomes.
- Identify key stories to use as content for digital and printed material to overall improve the visibility of Boys & Girls Clubs in the community.
- Contribute to attaining financial support by building the Club’s base of support through marketing and public relationship campaigns.
- Design and promote special events that focus awareness on Club activities, engage community support and generate revenues.
- Establish and maintain procedure and formats for marketing and public relations materials and activities.
- Continuously develop knowledges of best practices to market Club programs, services and activities within the community.
- Develop collaborate partnerships with Club staff, Volunteers, Members, parents, supporters other Clubs, media contacts, consultants and vendors to establish professional links within the community.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Participate in development of and coordinate implementation for all marketing and public relations activities to increase the visibility of programs, services, activities, stories and effectiveness.
- Work with Club Staff to create a portfolio of stories and highlights related to Club Activities, Member excellence and other important information that will be on interest to the Board of Directors, Boys & Girls Clubs Donors and patrons.
- Planning digital marketing campaigns, including web, SEO/SEM, email, social media and display advertising
- Ability to maintain organizations social media presence across all digital channels
- Measuring and reporting on the performance of all digital marketing campaigns
- Assist President, Vice President of Operations and Vice President of Resource Development and Marketing maintain good public relations with local media contacts, Members, families, alumni community leaders and youth serving professionals.
In addition to the responsibilities listed above, the Marketing Associate may be involved in other activities at the Clubs including events, special projects and other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Internal: Maintain oral and written contact with the Vice President of Resource Development & Marketing and other Club executives to update progression of work, collect stories from staff and inform them of stories around their Club or activities.
External: Maintain contact with alumni families, community leaders, youth serving professionals, other Clubs, media contacts, vendors, consultants, organizations and others to achieve marketing program goals and objectives, share information and resolve programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field from an accredited college or university required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with good public presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with all types of people.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Club staff, Board members, volunteers, community groups, the media and other related agencies.
- Understanding of media relations and digital media strategies.
- Proficient in MS Office; familiarity with design software (e.g. Photoshop).
- Demonstrable experience with SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns.
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate.
- Knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics) and ad serving tools (e.g., DART, Atlas).
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google AdWords campaigns.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement.
- Some evening and weekend hours required to work on special events with minimal travel.
- High energy and passion for the mission of Boys & Girls Clubs; empathy for the youth served.
- Flexible and adaptable work style with ability to manage competing demands, work independently without close oversight, able to lead or follow, creative outgoing and energetic.
- Team player able to effectively integrate into and excel working within the Resource Development team and the overall greater Boys & Girls Clubs team.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIROMENT:
The Marketing Associate will be working in an area with colleagues close by and with many activities going on simultaneously. He or she must be able to function with other employees in the area.
The Marketing Associate will be expected to work closely with Administrative and Club staff, Club volunteers and will require his or her presence in noisy clubhouses full of children and adults.
Likewise, the Marketing Associate will be, as part of his or her orientation, expected to spend time in the Clubhouses to observe programs and activities that regularly occur.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Send Resume to Danial Pietrzak – firstname.lastname@example.org