Boys & Girls Clubs offer a wide-range of after-school and summer programs for youth ages 6-18 that focus on three key critical outcomes:
- Education programs complement and reinforce what youth learn during the school day, while creating experiences that invite them to fall in love with learning. Rooted in social-emotional development practices, programs in this area enable all youth to be effective, engaged learners who are on track to graduate with a plan for the future. As an informal learning space, Clubs offer both intervention and enrichment, all while inviting youth to discover and pursue their passions through experiential learning.
- Arts programs encourage imagination and self-expression. They also help youth develop knowledge and understanding of specific art forms. Art programs build skills such as communication, critical thinking, and creativity.
Good Character & Leadership:
Leadership and Service
- Programs in this core area build leadership with self, leadership with others, and leadership within the community. They give youth the confidence and abilities to create meaningful change in their world.
- Our Clubs provide programs – like Career Launch and MoneyMatters – that provide members with the knowledge, skills, and learning experiences they need to succeed in life and work.
Health and Wellness
- Health and Wellness programs focus on building the physical, mental, social, and emotional wellness of youth. These programs provide opportunities to build the foundational skills of developing relationships, regulating emotions, and solving problems. They explore a range of health topics and behaviors, including substance use, sexual behavior, and violence.
Sports and Recreation
- Programs in this Core Program Area build movement and food skills. Members develop positive attitudes toward physical activity and healthy eating to support a lifetime of healthy decisions.
Behavioral & Emotional Support Team
- Boys & Girls Clubs launched the Behavioral & Emotional Support Team (B.E.S.T.) initiative. Eligible members can receive group counseling, individual treatment, case management, and social-emotional learning programs.