POSITION DESCRIPTION TITLE: Volunteer Engagement Manager
PROFILE SOURCE: Administrative Professional
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Operations
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt Salaried
Manage volunteer recruitment, screening, training, tracking and program activities for all Club volunteers. Monitor volunteer programs and coordinate volunteer activities in all Clubs and facilities. Ensure that individuals and groups are exposed to the mission of the Boys & Girls Clubs and have a positive and meaningful volunteer experience in our Clubs. Support the work of the Resource Development team with special events conducted by Club or 3rd parties. Conduct targeted organization wide programs and activities.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Establish and implement policies and procedures for volunteer recruitment, selection, tracking, training and participation in activities throughout Club facilities.
- Lead in the planning and conduct of the Children’s Holiday Program, the Youth of the Year competition, and the Youth of the Year Luncheon. These events involve close work and coordination with the Board of Directors, Executive staff, Club Directors, Youth Development Professionals, and Club members.
- Manage the summer VolunTeens program for the Clubs.
- Manage work-study internships with local Colleges and Universities.
- Manage the Americorps/Vista volunteers assigned to organization.
- Contribute to operational strategic planning by identifying opportunities for volunteer participation, then recruiting, selecting and training volunteers to assist in implementing program activities.
- Identifies potential sources of volunteers and develop proactive strategies to recruit volunteers with the skills needed by Club programs and activities.
- Conduct evaluation of volunteer activities and participation, refining selection and training activities to ensure a high level of satisfaction by volunteers and staff.
- Control fund raising expenses related to volunteer programs and activities within budget.
- Manage administrative and operational systems to support volunteer programs.
- Develop and implement regular orientation of volunteers. Provide training to Club staff on effective volunteer management.
- Recommend the most efficient use of individual and group volunteers.
- Develop collaborative relationships with corporations and other organizations supporting volunteerism or serving as potential sources for Club volunteers.
- Act as liaison with neighborhood and community groups to enhance Club and community relations.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Coordinate special events (such as community volunteer resource fairs) and Club-wide activities to increase awareness of existing and new volunteer programs and to recognize volunteers.
- Organize and participate in volunteer recognition programs and special events.
Internal: Maintain oral and written contact with the Club executives, staff peers, and volunteers to provide direction and technical advice. Recruits and cultivates volunteers through involvement in meetings and community events.
External: Maintain oral, written and personal contact with external organizations and community groups serving as a resource for volunteer recruitment and selection.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College or University required.
Paid or volunteer work experience in a service organization preferably on volunteer programs and activities.
Strong oral and written communication skills, with good public presentation skills.
Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with all types of people.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Club staff, Board members, volunteers, community groups, and other related agencies.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Volunteer Engagement Manager will be working in an area with colleagues close by and with many activities going on simultaneously. He or she must be able to function with other employees in the area.
Volunteer Engagement Manager will be expected to work closely with Club staff and Club volunteers and will require his or her presence in noisy Clubhouses full of children and adults.
Volunteer Engagement Manager will be expected at times to work evenings and weekends in the execution of duties and projects.
Likewise, the Volunteer Engagement Manager will be, as part of his or her orientation, expected to spend time in the Clubhouses leading or participating in activities with Club members.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
PLEASE DIRECT ALL RESUMES TO HMCLEAN@WAKEBGC.ORG | CLOSING AUGUST 3, 2019