Want to become a volunteer?
Are you ready to change lives?
Volunteers are critical to the success of the Boys & Girls Clubs. With your time, energy, and expertise, we are better able to prepare our Members for great futures. Volunteers have the power to impact our Members in a way that can truly change their lives forever.
We typically need volunteers interested in one of the following four areas:
1- Individual Volunteers
Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older. Please note that we do not allow volunteers completing court-ordered/recommended community service (no matter the offense) to work in our Clubs.
- First step– Click here to pay for the Background Check
- Second step– You will be directed to the application after payment is complete
- Third step– You will be directed to upload your COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card after application is submitted
- Fourth step– Lindsey Doerr will be reaching out personally via email to get the rest of the process complete
2- Group Volunteers
Looking for a way to get your employees, co-workers, friends, or family involved?
Click Here to download a list of sample team-building projects
To set up a group volunteer event, please fill out the application form, and Lindsey Doerr, Volunteer Engagement Manager, will reach out shortly!
3- Interns/Work-Study Students
Are you a student or a recent graduate looking for an opportunity to gain experience in youth development, special events planning, marketing, or other aspects of non-profit work? Please fill out a Work Study/Internship application form.
4- VolunTEENS Program
Join the Boys & Girls Clubs this summer for the ULTIMATE volunteer experience, VolunTEENS – Teach, Empower, Engage, Navigate, Support. Enjoy 2 weeks of volunteering with kids ages 6 to 12 in one of our local Boys & Girls Clubs. Get hands-on experience working with young people and add something new to your resume.
- VolunTEENS MUST be rising Juniors in order to be eligible.
- All VolunTEENS are required to attend the summer orientation.
- Application period for Summer 2023 has passed, please check back April 2024 for next year’s program!
- Contact Lindsey Doerr at email@example.com for more details.
If you have any questions, please contact Lindsey Doerr, Volunteer Engagement Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-834-6282.